About Me

My photo
I am a great admirer of English poetry from the time of Chaucer up until the middle of the twentieth century when it appeared to lose its way. I love all aspects of this planet but are sometimes sad when I think of what we are doing to it.

Saturday 19 November 2022

The Parting In The Storm











Dark was the day when love left me,
savage the sky hung above.
Rain dimmed my eyes like cold teardrops,
tears I withheld from your sport.

Wild was your hair in the west wind,
Bitter your gaze like the storm.
Swift steps away down the platform,
A glance you gave and then laughed.

Off in the storm went my longings,
Given to him and his love.
Love! Once only I knew it
when skies were so still and so calm.

But thunder seduced you, and you ran to the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment